Friday, August 04, 2006

bizarre umm... 'truths'

I love reading and could not survive without it. The other day, I was walking with a friend who (like a lot of people I know) believed that reading novels was a waste of precious time. Pray, what is life without beauty?! More importantly,
"What we search for in fiction is not reality, but the epiphany of truth", something that I read in 'Reading Lolita in Tehran' by Azar Nafisi. What a concise way of expressing all that I was trying to say!

Ever wondered what the "truth" is? Why do we seek it? Why should we seek it? Or not seek it. Gandhi believed in Truth. India's emblem says "Satyamev Jayate" (Only Truth Triumphs). What the bloody hell is the truth? Haha... I just remembered a joke :) Anyone who has watched or read A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy would know what i mean... some random dude asks, "What is the meaning of life?". The know-it-all 'computer' answers '42'. Hahahahaha!

Hmmm...maybe, just maybe, it is not the best of ideas to laugh so hard when the next hour promises to be the most crucial in the entire summer. Coz I have EXACTLY 36 minutes to go before I present the fruit of my blood, tears and sweat (read: the internship project that I worked on sitting in an air-conditioned office) to the BIG boss. Now 27 min...

You know, timing of jokes is a VERY important social etiquette, or romantic one for that matter. As in NEVER, and I mean NEVER crack a joke while trying to ask someone out. Just KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) ;) . Or for that matter, when the interviewer interrogating you is dressed all in black and white, and you walk in looking like a punk wearing casuals and BOOTS. It really is not the best of ideas. 22 min...
That's all the knowledge that I will disseminate for the moment. Will be BACH (in my dreams) soon. Told you, lame jokes are tragic ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger abhgupta said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:04 PM

 
Blogger abhgupta said...

Just curious, this KISSing advice.. personal experience??

12:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home